If you’re a person who loves to watch movies then probably you should have been familiar with MOV videos. MOV video file format is used to save high quality videos clips and movies which are used widely among Mac Operating Systems. But due to some technical errors, they are often prone to corruption and refuse to play in any type of video player.
The reasons for file corruption may include interruptions caused while transferring the files or using unreliable third party tools to recover the lost or deleted MOV files etc.
If your favorite movies, holiday trip videos, and wedding videos is not playing due to file corruption then it’s highly disappointing isn’t it? So if there are any chances for repairing your file, you need that, right? Well, you can repair the corrupted video file and get them back as a healthy file using Remo Repair MOV. Remo Repair MOV helps in repairing the corrupted MOV file that is unplayable in Mac OS and Windows Operating Systems.
Repairing Corrupted MOV Files using Remo Repair MOV in Mac Systems:
The MOV file can be easily fixed by using Remo Repair MOV. It will extract the audio and video streams of the file and after scanning, it repairs the corrupted part of the streams, adjoins the files and makes it playable in Mac systems.
All the above said process is done without causing any damage to your original video. It can even repair videos files created using Mac devices like iphone, imovie11, GoPro, photo booth etc. It can repair large sized files which got corrupted under any condition and recreate the healthy, playable MOV file.
Video codec supported by Remo Repair MOV are avc1, MOVv, mjpeg and supported audio codec are sowt, RAW, MOVa.
Sometimes audio video sync problems occurs with your MOV, in which either the audio or video will be ahead or behind each other which will be the annoying while watching the videos. This problem occurs due to .mov file corruption which occurs if your video stream is longer than the audio stream or by playing the file in unsupported media player.
It can repair the corrupted videos and makes them playable in Quick Time, Windows media player, VLC Media player, and Real player etc.
MOV File Corruption – Possible Reasons:
- Incompatibility – Playing the videos in unsupported video player can cause severe damage to the MOV files.
- Format changes – Converting the MOV files from one format to another frequently may corrupt the original file.
- Header file corruption – The header file contains the name, size and creation date of MOV file and if it gets corrupted then it will affect the whole file.
- Faulty compression – Incomplete compressions of MOV files can cause damage to the files and makes it inaccessible.
- Audio Video sync issues – Audio and video do not operate at same time and goes out of sync.
Operating System and Versions Supported by Remo Repair MOV:
Mac OS – Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard (64-bit), Lion 10.7 (64-bit), Mountain Lion 10.8 (64-bit), Mavericks 10.9 (64-bit) and Yosemite 10.10 (64 bit) are the versions of Mac OS supported by Remo Repair MOV.
Windows OS – Microsoft Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows 2003 server or Windows 2008 server are the supported versions of Windows Operating System.
Leading brands of Camcorders and Cameras supported by Remo Repair MOV:
It supports all the popular brands of cameras and camcorders which may include Kodak, Canon, Casio, Nikon, Samsung, Sony, Panasonic, Olympus and Fujifilm etc.
Possible ways to avoid MOV file corruption:
- Avoid frequent conversion of your MOV files from one format to another.
- Always play your video files in a good quality video player and avoid using incompatible players.
- Do not interrupt the file transfer process from one device to another.
- Restrict the usage of unreliable file recovery tools to recover the lost or deleted MOV files.