Extended File System (exFAT) is a successor of FAT family of file systems (FAT16/32). The exFAT file system was developed to overcome a few inefficiencies of the FAT-32 file system. Mainly, it is designed for flash devices such as USB devices, memory cards, SD card, MMC, FireWire drives and high resolution media devices etc. The exFAT file systems are equipped for large file sizes and is implemented on any platform.
In spite of these benefits, sometime it undergo some catastrophic situation which cause data loss from exFAT drives. Before knowing how to recover data from exFAT drives, let us discuss some common reasons which cause data loss from exFAT drives:
- You try to convert the file system of exFAT drive and process is interrupted due to a power surge or improper termination of computer. Then there is chance of data loss from exFAT.
- Unintentionally deleting files from your exFAT partition or drive while deleting some other unwanted files from it, may also leads to data loss.
- While resizing exFAT file system partition or entire drive, if any interruption occurs due to any reasons may lead to file system corruption or data loss from it.
- Infectious programs like viruses and spyware enter your system and damage the file system along with all the files present inside the exFAT drive or make it inaccessible.
- Suppose by mistake you execute format command then it will certainly delete all data from ExFAT drive. This is the regular data loss scenario that’s frequently occurred in everyday working of computer system users.
- Improper system shutdown due to low battery, hard drive corruption or a power surge, that may corrupt the exFAT file system and in turn the data present inside it.
- MBR (Master Boot Record) is the first sector of the hard drive which contains necessary information about the hard drive. Corruption of the MBR from virus attack, the abrupt shutdown of a system results in inaccessibility of all the data stored on the exFAT drive.
Apart from above mentioned situations there are many other causes which leads to data loss from exFAT drives. So, when you come across any data loss from exFAT drive then you can make use of Remo Recover tool in order to restore files from exFAT.
Notable features of Remo Recover tool which might be helpful for you:
Remo Recover software is built with powerful scanning algorithms which scans entire drive sector by sector and pull out the lost or deleted data from exFAT drive. It has a potential to restore data from corrupted partition, formatted or reformatted partition and repartitioned drives. You can even use this tool to recover data from other file system such as FAT16, FAT32, NTFS, NTFS5, HFSX and HFS+. It supports data recovery from storage devices that are formatted with exFAT file system such as hard drives (SATA, SCSI, and IDE etc.), memory cards (SD, XD, CF etc.), USB flash drives etc.
This tool is explicitly designed with distinct features capable enough to recover up to 300 file types based on the unique file signatures. It allows you to sort recovered data on the basis of its size, creation date ant extension. Finally it allows you to add or edit signatures to the non-listed files. You can be able to pause recovery session by using Save Recovery Session option to avoid rescanning of entire drive.
This tool is available in demo version. You can run the demo version of the software and preview the recovery result. If you are happy with the result just go ahead and buy the complete version of the application and save recovered files to a secured location like CD/DVD, external hard drives, pen drives etc. You can be able to compress recovered files in ZIP format to save disk space. The best part of utilizing this software is, it is easy and can be operated by everyone. It is compatible with almost all versions of Windows as well as Mac Operating system.
Some common tips which may be helpful for you to protect data stored on exFAT:
- Backup your vital data stored on ExFAT drive on more than one storage device.
- Do not write anything on exFAT drive after data loss in order to avoid data overwriting.
- Always safeguard your system by using reliable antivirus program.
- Be attentive, while performing any operation on exFAT drive.